We, the Deutschland Digital GmbH & Co. KG,
take the protection of your personal data very seriously and strictly conform to data protection laws. Personal data is being collected on this website only to the extent necessary for technical reasons. By no means will the collected data be sold or for any other reason given to third parties. The following statement gives you an overview of how we ensure this protection and what kind of data is being collected for what purpose.
Information you gave to us
Information is transmitted whenever you search something, make a purchase or enter a contest, fill out a questionnaire, or communicate with us. You transmitt information e.g. whenever you search a product, make a purchase via our websites or a third party vendor or enter details in your customer account (please note that you may maintain more than one customer account, if you have registered with different e-mail addresses), if you communicate with us via e-mail or by another way, if you fill out a questionnaire or enter a contest or if you use other services, e.g. newsletters, which inform you personally about certain offers.
When visiting our sites, special analysis software collects and stores anonymous data for marketing and optimization purposes. This data cannot be linked to your identity.
Examples of data types we collect:
- Browser type and version
- Operating system and system language
- Referring website
- Host name of accessing computer (IP address)
- Time of server request
- Country / region of origin
- Screen resolution/li>
This data cannot be linked to certain persons and only serves to optimize our online services. Furthermore, this data will not be merged with other data sources and will be deleted after statistical analysis.
If you want to receive the service letter we offer on our website, we need a valid e-mail address as well as, for your own protection, information allowing us to verify the address you entered and make sure you are authorized to use that address and consent to receiving the service letter. No further data will be collected. You can revoke your consent to the collection of data, your e-mail address and receiving the service letter at any time. Some of the software we deliver leads to an entry into several distribution lists upon registration. You are informed about such an entry before or during the registration process, so you can decide at any time whether you want this or not.
In order to process an order we need your address data, your date of birth, e-mail, telephone number (if applicable), the total purchase price, purchase order date and information about the handling of payments.
- To secure your information in transmission we use Secure Sockets Layer software (SSL) where needed. This software encrypts the information you submit.
- Of course this is also true for credit card payments. The credit card information is only stored temporarily and deleted after being handed on to the respective payment provider.
- It is important for you to take precautions against unauthorized access to your password and your computer. If you share your computer with others, you should remember to always log off after each session.
DownloadMix uses so-called social plug-ins by Facebook like, for example, the “Recommend” or the “Like” button on the DownloadMix website as well as in DownloadMix products. These plug-ins are provided by Facebook Inc., 1601 S. California Ave, Palo Alto, CA 94304, USA and are characterized by either the Facebook logo or a “Thumbs up” symbol. If you open a website by DownloadMix that contains such a plug-in, your browser will establish a connection to the Facebook servers. The content of the plug-in is sent from Facebook directly to your browser and displayed accordingly on DownloadMix websites; without DownloadMix having any influence on the content of the plug-ins.
With the transfer of data Facebook might be able to trace your visit on our website and to associate it with your Facebook account, if you are a Facebook user or if you recently visited either a Facebook website or a website with content by Facebook.
In order to avoid that Facebook collects information on your visits to our websites or when you use our software, you should log off Facebook before visiting our website or using DownloadMix software. You should also make sure that any possibly present cookies (What are cookies?) by Facebook are deleted from your browser.
Instructions on how to delete cookies for the most common browsers:
- Microsoft Internet Explorer 7/8: Instructions
- Mozilla Firefox: Instructions
- Google Chrome: Instructions
- Apple Safari: Instructions
- Opera: Instructions
Within DownloadMix websites we are also using, in addition to social plug-ins of other providers, the +1 button by Google.com, which is operated by Google Inc., 1600 Amphitheatre Parkway, Mountain View, CA 94043, USA. This button can be found at the bottom of each page and is marked by the logo “+1”.
As soon as a page within our web presence is called up, the Internet browser establishes a direct connection with the servers of Google whereby the button by Google submits to the browser – and is displayed on our website. By integrating the button Google receives the information that this specific page of our Internet presence was called up. If you are logged into your Google account at the time of the visit, Google is able to associate that visit with you. If you then click on the +1 button this information is sent to Google directly and will be saved in your user account.
If you do not agree with the submission of your data to Google, you have to log off your Google account before you visit our websites.
- Promotions: From time to time we send offers by order of a third party company to selected customer groups. In this case, that company receives neither your name, nor your address or any other information that could be used to personally identify you. If you do not wish to receive such offers, you can simply stop them in your user account.
- Deutschland Digital GmbH & Co. KG and its affiliates can use the collected data for their own marketing purposes, in case you have agreed to this.
- With your consent: In all other cases we will inform you if personal information is to be handed off to third parties and give you the chance to give your consent.
Right to information
You have the right to be informed about stored data pertaining to your person, the origin and recipients of such data and the reason why this data was collected and stored. Information will be provided by our data protection advisor Sebastian Strzelecki, privacy[at]downloadmix.com.
We maintain physical, electronical and procedural safety measures in connection with the collection, storage and disclosure of personal information about our customers. These safety measures include occasionally asking you to provide proof of your identity before we disclose personal data to you.